Saturday, December 5, 2009

FOX News: Balanced or Biased?

I have been watching Fox News since its inception. To this day, it provides me with the the most up-to-date information happening on a global scale.  I really enjoy all their morning anchors, especially Bill Hemmer and Megan Kelly, and those that replace them as needed. But, for me, Fox has gone beyond being "fair and balanced" with their daily dose of one-man shows. I love listening to Bill O'Reilly. He makes some very good points, and I am usually in agreement with his views. Glenn Beck is way to conservative for me, a moderate Republican. Others in this format I simply choose to ignore. My main complaint: These two, especially Mr O'Reilly, make their point, state their "facts", and then hammer their guests with a relentlessness that borders on denying them the right to free speech. Why invite someone onto your show, shove your thoughts down their throats, without giving them a mature and professional segment to air their views, then saying "we're out of time"? It smacks of denying journalistic liberty. If I have a certain viewpoint or statement to make, I reserve the right to equal access and time to explain and expound on those views. If you are going to run "out of time", hell, start earlier or share time equally. It is just plain offensive to hammer, badger and pound away at a differing opinion, and not allow appropriate time and space for a rebuttal. Fox News catches me in a time warp. Mr Hemmer and Ms Kelly, openly sharing differing stances on important issus affecting all facets of American society, then, BAM!` back to dark ages where freedom of speech is not a vital part of the fabric of society. Censorship is a strong word, but its use here is appropiate. Mr O'Reilly and Mr Beck, and the others like them, are attempting to strong-arm back to these cold, black, dark ages Please understand, guys: You do not have the only point of view, and you are not always right.

No comments:

Post a Comment