Sunday, August 19, 2012

My beautiful bride, Belinda

My dear family and friends, I really need your assistance. My Princess is scheduled for a surgical procedure this Tuesday, August 21st. I don't get scared very often, but I am. It is a routine procedure, and the doctor says not to worry. Funny, but she is NOT his wife. I am not overly religious, and I definitely do not attend a church of any kind, but that does not mean I don't believe in something. I do believe that the power of love is the most overwhelming power, and we both have plenty of that for each other.

Belinda is the most special thing in my life, right at the top with my 3 sons. I just look in her eyes, and I feel exactly what she feels, and that is so rare these days. If I could take her place, I most certainly would. When we married each other, I promised to always protect her and keep her from harm. I promised to always be there for her. I would be her safety blanket, and to provide her security and safety. Now I am lost for answers, and it is where I ask you for assistance.

I am not a praying man, in the usual sense of the act. I guess you could say that I am selfish, in the fact that I will pray for strength when I feel I do not have control of my wife's safety and security. I have to turn her over to a surgical team on Tuesday morning, and I am scared. Very scared. I feel as if all the things that I promised her, I cannot give her on Tuesday. I have to cede control of her to people that I do not know, and I really don't like that feeling. In fact, I hate it. I am trying my best to show her strength, and to take all her worries onto my shoulders, and I do so readily and gladly.

Now, my request that I ask is this: Please, please, help me in praying for my Princess. I don't know if my simple little prayers are being heard, or if they will even work. I do know that the more help that I have from all of you, the better I will feel.

This woman has changed my life so dramatically, from the very moment that I first laid eyes on her. I need her, as much as I have ever needed anything in my life. As I said before, we have a love for each other that is rare. We are not a couple. We have become a singular being, knowing what the other wants without even speaking of it. We finish sentences for the other. She has taught me things about love and sharing and giving that I did not know existed. I need her to be safe, when I cannot be there to provide that safety and security.

I know that she will be under the best possible care, which does help me cope at times. I show her confidence, and I am keeping upbeat. But deep inside of me, I am not sure that I can do this alone. I am giving it my best shot, and I have taken some of doubt's best punches, and I am still standing tall. I do this not only for her, but for me and for us. Your thoughts and prayers will be appreciated in such a way as I can never repay them, unless you need the same thing from me. I will give you my word that I will always be there for any of you, at any time.

In closing, please remember my Belinda in your thoughts and prayers. We are in a place in our lives that we have both struggled to get to, and we deserve to continue that journey. Is that selfish? You're damn right it is, and I do not care. My only care is the health of my bride, and I need you, each and every one of you, to help us to get through this. I know I can count on all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment