Saturday, July 30, 2011

Can the Ultimate Happiness Get Even Better?

Sixty seven days. 67. This number represents the number of days that have passed since Belinda Sue McDonald made me the happiest person on this Earth by accepting my last name in marriage. It marks 67 days since Belinda and I exchanged our wedding vows, and folks, I'm telling you, the happiness factor only increases each and every minute I am with this woman. She brings to my life comfort, passion, safety and security. She is my very best friend, and forever will she be. She can be sitting on my lap, and still not feel close enough for my liking. Our relationship, like all relationships, has its ups and downs, I think. But I have not found a down moment yet, and honestly I am not seeing one coming at all. She is everything that I am, and I am everything that she is. We are totally and completely ONE! We are not a couple. Belinda is me, and I am her. We are inseparable. Her thoughts are mine and mine are hers. It just simply works out that way. We will look at each other, and we just KNOW. I can't explain it, nor do I want to. It just IS. Belinda Poppell has brought such a great amount of joy and pride into my life! God, I am so overwhelmed by my feelings for this woman, the words are hard to come by. Maybe this will help to understand: If I am in any kind of a down mood, for any reason, I know that I only have to look into her eyes. I see that twinkle of love and trust in those eyes, and my down becomes an up mood. Why? Because I am looking into eyes that love me back just as much as I love her, and that is one helluva lot of love going on right there. Are relationship isn't so much comfort, but it is a soothing, relaxing feeling, knowing that whatever comes along our path, what we have will triumph over anything that dares stop the boundless love and affection that binds us together. For life, and beyond. But, I think there is one thing that stands out the most, that makes me feel so full of life and love. She knows that she will always be safe, be secure and that I will always be there for her. I see total and complete trust in her eyes, and boy, is that a good feeling. When you know that your best friend, lover, fishing buddy, and yes, wife, has complete trust and faith in you and what we are, there is really no other feeling quite like it. I'm not gonna get all corny and talk about fireworks and sparks shooting off, drums beating and doves flying around our heads. It is a barely concealed smoldering passion, a desire, a....longing, to spend the rest of your life with someone, and you are so at peace and at ease with that feeling. That is what it is like, and I probably still have not done that feeling enough justice. I have seen her grow into an independent young woman, in a short period of time. She is so secure in who she is, and what she has become and what lies ahead for us. Belinda has no boundaries. She can do anything that she wants, and she knows it. I wish EVERY man or woman has that opportunity, at least once in their lifetime, to experience that I get, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year (Leap Year even gets me an extra day; how's that for sweet!?). She is not with me tonight, as she is performing her true calling and taking care of a person who needs her more than I do right now. I do miss her so, but she will be home soon and then we will be together as we should be. Then we will be as one again, though we were never really less than that. It just feels that way right now. I love you, Princess, and being apart, even for these few hours, only reaffirms how deeply I feel for you and for what you do for me. I just.........love you, babe! It is just that simple. One word: LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment