Sunday, April 17, 2011

For Belinda, with love and great affection

Very soon now, I will have the great pleasure of exchanging marriage vows with the love of my life, Belinda McDonald. For those who know her, and for those who don't, let me take a few moments of your time to explain why I am the happiest man in the world. I first met Belinda in May of 2010, and right away I was taken aback by her beauty and youthful exuburance. She immediately had my eye, and shortly thereafter she had captured my heart. Alas, the time then was not right. I was around her every single day for 6 months, and my feelings only grew stronger. I did not fight them; that was impossible. But I did hide them; as I said the time just was not right. But for a man who is so stubbornly impatient about getting the things that he wants, I surprised myself by biding my time. I never wished ill well for her in the situation she was in. Eventually, circumstances slowly began to change, but I still did not show my true feelings (or so I thought!). Women always seem to know what a man is thinking, while a man is generally clueless about feelings. After a while, the circumstances turned in my favor, and I have since become the luckiest and happiest man the world has known. When we sit next to each other, 12 inches apart, I catch a glimpse of her looking at me, and what I see in her eyes makes all the patient waiting worth every minute. Belinda is a very beautiful woman, with the biggest heart I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She would, and still will, do anything to help anybody. That is just her nature; Belinda is a very giving and caring woman. She has shown mean what love really means again, and that I should not be scared of it. And I am not, no longer. I have fallen in love with love, and with Belinda's help I have learned to trust love and what the true, singular purpose of that word. It means sacrificing all for the one you love, no matter the personal cost. You have a desire to give all that you can to that person whom you are in love with. When we are together, I still miss her. Now, how crazy is that? Well, if that is crazy, color me insane. I just lose myself in her eyes, because I see nothing but total devotion, caring and genuine love for me. I hope she sees the same thing in my eyes, for I truly love this woman. My feelings matter to her, and she is not shy about showing me that side of her. She does not have to go out of her way to make me happy; I just am constantly, stupidly happy whenever I think of her! I cannot imagine any part of my life without her in it. I just can't. Some people say there is no such thing as a "perfect" relationship. Well, I have to say that they are so off-base with that assumption. We complement each other in so many different ways I'm constantly in a state of amazement. We think the same things, at the same time, all the time, every day. I just wanted to say thank you to the future Mrs Poppell, for coming into my life and allowing me to believe again. What Belinda has given me is something so special that it cannot be explained, only experienced and savored. To my sweet, loving Princess, thank you so very much for changing my life. You have completely healed my heart which I thought was impossible. Your patience, the way you care for me, your passion, and your total devotion and love is the most special gift a man could ever receive. I accept your gift, and I do so with a big smile, open arms, and a special place in my heart, reserved only for you. You, Belinda, are the one that I love, the one that I will always love, and the one who will always love me. Together we have no limits, and our future has no bounds! I love you, babe, and do not ever forget that!

1 comment:

  1. I love you too Norman, with all I am and all I have! You are my world....You are so sweet, funny,compassionate,loving,and so very sexy!!! I love you babe, forever and ever and ever!!!
    Belinda Poppell

    ReplyDelete