Thursday, July 2, 2015

One Amazin' Woman, One Lucky Man

Sometimes, you have the single most perfect, precious partner sitting right next to you. You KNOW you do, but you need to take a step back every so often and just admire and rejoice for what that partner means to you. My wife, my Princess, Belinda Poppell, is THAT woman. She has so much to offer (which I gladly accept), and her love for me is so freaking beyond what I would have thought possible 5 years ago, when we first met. It strengthens between us every day, no matter where we are. It just all flows together as the day goes on. Her responsibilities away from home increase every day, and due to my recent surgery, they have increased here at home as well. Does she buckle? Fold? Shrink away from it? No, No, No...she just gets stronger, in every way. I can only stand to the side and watch her grow, in her professional life and in our relationship, and I cannot do anything but stare in awe. Somehow, my baby manages to fit 25 hrs into a 24 hr day, without complaint. Always smilin' away (I do catch a tiny frown here and there, well hidden). There are a few reasons for this, but one of the most important is also one of the least acknowledged: her employees. From her new manager, Joel, to her assistant mgr's, Erica, Kara, Jaselle, Colton (hope I didn't forget anyone; my apologies) down through all her personnel at Dairy Queen, if it wasn't for the support, hard work and good attitudes I'm not sure how she would be doing. As the folks I have mentioned help her, they help ME. Every thing they do is one little stressor that she doesn't have to worry about...much. Another thing she has going on is her "swagger". She is the General Manager, she accepts it and she is damn good at it! When she finally gets home, to help this beat-up old body, she has an uncanny ability to disengage, maybe switch gears, that allows her to focus on me, and more importantly, US, and still maintain her professional attitude in case she has to jump back in. It has been quite an adjustment for her, and us, yet somehow she pulled it off, and I was never much help. I was focusing my own emotions on my soon-to-be 3rd knee replacement (yes, I only have TWO knees!, lol), with a 4th one in a quick turn around after rehab. My focus took over my emotions, which left me feeling weak and vulnerable. Again, here comes Belinda, riding to the rescue on a white horse, reassuring me always, that the strength of our bond has never been weak and in fact grows tighter every day. So, I would like to send a bucketful of thank yous to her staff for ALL that they have done in support, and also a big high 5 to her immediate supervisor, Brian Kelly and his boss Len, and all the DQ office staff for their support of my wife; without all of these important people, my Princess may have had an even more difficult time. I have NO doubt she would have still accomplished all that she has, and adapted as needed. Princess, I love you so much, and I know we need each other to make each other better. In the end, we have both found someone in whom we can place our hearts in the others' hands without fear of breaking. For that, my love, I will be forever grateful, and in your debt. I love you, always and eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment